Nothing to eat or drink for 2 hours before your scheduled appointment.
MRI With Contrast
- If you are 55 years of age or older or have impaired renal function, you must first have renal function blood work (BUN and creatinine) done within 3 months prior to your appointment.
- Do not eat or drink for 2 hours before scheduled appointment.
- You should stay hydrated. We advise you drink 16 ounces of water prior to and after the exam.
- Aneurysm clip in the brain
- Metallic fillings or foreign body in orbit
- A variety of medical electronic devices may be rendered inactive in the magnetic field of the MRI. Therefore, all non-detachable metallic devices should be checked with the Radiology Center before the study. (See list below for examples.)
Aortic, vascular clips, blood venous filter
Artificial heart valve
Artificial eye or limb
Bone, joint, pin replacement
Bridge work, dentures or partial plates
Electronic monitoring devices
Inner ear surgery
Metal rods or plates
Permanent cosmetic eye lining or tattoos
Pins or screws
Prosthesis, penile implant
Wire, metal sutures, staples, bullet shrapnel
Implanted medication pump